7.02.2013

Waves without the beach

Waves without the beach
I am in love with sexy beachy hair right now. There are many different ways to achieve beautiful wavy "Victoria's Secret Model" hair. The first one is to go natural. A lot of people have beautiful natural texture that they can just wash and go. (when I say texture I mean wavy or curly hair) If you are one of these people, I say "EMBRACE MESSY HAIR!" It's easy, it's fast, and it's hot!

For those ladies that do not have great texture, such as I, there are some great products that are designed specifically to make your hair look like you've spent a day on the beach. One of my all-time favorite beach hair products is Bumble and Bumble's Surf Spray. Surf Spray is an AWESOME product! Not only does it add wave to your hair but it gives you lots of sexy volume. It is a saltwater based, light to medium hold product which gives you body and texture but it also has seaweed and kelp to keep your hair from getting too dry. It's almost like they have bottled up the ocean but it's even better! You can purchase all Bumble and Bumble products at Sephora. I also noticed that they have new Surf Shampoo and Conditioner that I am sure are AMAZING! Bumble and Bumble make amazing products so I would recommend anything of theirs.


The Sea Salt Texturizing Spray by Aquage is another great product and is a little more inexpensive. The results with this spray are firm hold while still allowing you to have soft touchable hair. This product adds volume and body to your hair and a little goes a long way. A 3 oz. bottle lasted me almost a year! You only want to use it three or four times a week because it tends to dry out your hair when used too often, nonetheless, this product is great for giving beautiful beachy waves. Unfortunately, Aquage products can only be guaranteed in a salon.


Diffusers are another great tool for creating waves. The trick to using a diffuser is too move through the hair LESS. The more you move through the hair the more frizzy it gets so take your time and hold the diffuser at one section of hair til that hair is all the way or mostly dry.

Another way to get beach hair is with hot tools such as a flat iron or curling iron. Hot tools can create beautiful waves with a more polished look than going natural, using product, or diffusing. My favorite flat irons are Paul Mitchell flat irons, ghd irons, and the one I currently use is Rusk W8less. I am not a big fan of triple barrel wavers or crimpers. These create textures that are too uniform and are not found on real people; to me they just look fake. But there are lots of ways to use a flat iron and curling iron to get waves without the beach. Here is a video showing different ways to get wavy hair with hot tools! There are some things I didn't mention in the video so feel free to ask questions. Side note: this is my first video and the picture is pretty low quality, there is a fly buzzing around in it, and I need to work on my presence a little bit so don't judge! My videos will only get better!

 photo customsignature_zps4e6a157d.png