5.11.2013

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day

I remember my English teacher in high school said "You think you are busy now, just wait until you are older." I couldn't even begin to comprehend what she meant because, in my mind, I was already really busy. I think what she meant by this was "... just wait til you have kids." Now that I am a mom, I understand. I feel like I am constantly doing something from the moment I get up in the morning to the second my head hits the pillow at night. I have to take advantage of every second of my day and I am sure most moms feel the same. I wouldn't change it for the world but it's hard work. Mothers definitely deserve a day to celebrate themselves for all they do. I deeply appreciate mothers, especially my own. Mothers, after all, are our first influence of style and beauty. My mom taught me how clothes should fit; she was never afraid to tell my sister or me that our clothes were too baggy or too tight. Now I have a sense of proportions and fitting. My mom has big beautiful thick hair. Because of her, I prefer texture and curls over sleek and straight. She probably has influenced my style more than I realize. My mom is an amazing woman who has taught me so much more than just style. She is always thinking of others and I hope I can be as selfless and giving, as she is, someday.
 photo customsignature_zps4e6a157d.png